Monday, August 6, 2007

Wonderla Explored

Last friday we went on a trip to wonderla. The group that set out on this was my office team. It was a nice short trip to the place with our small group of friends cracking all kinds of jokes and pulling our boss's leg from behind his back. We reached the place and and got down to the sight of some nice chicks standing in the queue to get into the place. That got all of us guys into top gear(not the BBC show :) ). None more so than me.
Being excited was one thing. But at the same time, i was perplexed by the mix of that group. There were desi and videsi guys and gals in that group. All looked quite young with some teachers among them. Hmmm which school in india has such a mix of students. Will be quite a class. I would have loved to study in such a school.
Okay. Back to the point now. After a small foto session we got into the place. We wasted no time in changing into the pool dress (of course tshirts and shorts. nothing skimpy). We decided on getting into all the dry rides or the horror rides, which ever way you would like to call it. Both will do justice to the real thing. We first got into a ride which swings you through some 180 degrees. Since i was sitting near to the edge it was real tough for me to keep my cool. The thing stopped its scary swing after some 3 minutes into it. Or was it one hour. Got through that somehow and next was YScream which rotates you 360 deg in air on a seat which itself will rotate on its hinge. I decided on trying it after getting the okay signal from my colleagues who got into it ahead of me. Being in mid air and getting flipped is not the deal you will bargain for. That was the scariest thing i experienced while being wide awake. (I have been through more horrible things in my dreams :( ). I got down from the thing and there were my buddies who did the thing before me, standing there sniggering and asking how was the ride. I barely managed to say 'Not bad' with a cool look on my face. There was one more ride that did pretty much the same thing. But that was a cake walk since we have been thru worst .
So that was the end of our dry rides. We felt we had had enough of the dry rides. So we decided on getting wet..... Real wet .
But that is in the next blog.

No comments: