Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day Of Woes

It has been long since i last came and scribbled something over here. Life has been rather uneventful for some time. Not that yesterday was a rollercoaster ride of events. But atleast there was something worth telling.
Day started off pretty well. Ya i woke up at 11. Not a bad start for a particularly bad day for me. My room mate is still asleep after taking almost a full bottle of whiskey previous night. The guy kept telling yday night while having the drink that the stuff is not good as he is not getting much of a kick from it. Hmm whiskey hits you late and hits hard. So i guess he will be still on be the bed for most part of today. Took my lunch + breakfast and started off early to my mock cat centre.
It was my second exam after writing the first one of the series previous weekend. The poor results in the first test was put down to the naiviety of a beginner. I will not be able to find much excuses for another poor show. I wanted to join the group of 90 percentilers first and then move steadily up the percentile tree. Planning is one thing and putting it to action is quite another. Got the test paper in hand. Paper had 75 questions with maximum questions in the quant section. Not one of my strong points. Managed to solve 5 quant questions in 25 minutes :(. I moved on to my favourite DI which was as tough as the earlier section. Damn... Why dont they just make DI section easy and wreck the rest of the paper. Just some wishful thinking. If only reality was half as good as that.
Half way through the section and my head started heating up like a furnace. Before blowing myself out, I decided on moving to the lighter verbal section and to come back to DI later. Verbal was no better and that just compounded my uneasiness. I spent the rest of the time loitering through the rest of the di section and the quant, serious looking forward to getting out of the room. Test was not without its moments. Once the examiner announced that its time, i saw the guy sitting next to me shading the choice D for some 10 questions in a row. I would have understood if he did that for the actual CAT exam. When one writes mocks to see where he stands with the rest, it just didn't make sense. Maybe he was flaunting his roulette skills ... hihi
Ever since i decided on writing CAT i became a regular church goer. And even more so, once i wrote two mock cats. By that time i was quite sure that I alone wont make it ... Call me an opportunist. But i should have been an atheist not to start going even then. 5-10 minutes into the mass my mind was already in the soccer match coming up. God just want your presence in the church. Reached home and switched on the TV set after the service. It was the day of Manchester Derby. Two games into the season and manutd is already 5 points behind chelsea. Some say title is lost and its not even september. As usual manutd had loads of possession and created whole lot of chances. But its the city who scored. United who were strolling through the match unitl then were shell shocked. They changed to top gear and flair gave way to directness and urgency. They hit the post , goalki and virtually everywhere else other than where it mattered. Goal was not to come and united are some 7 points behind citeh for the first time in decades. The season that promised so much is getting shredded. This day cant get much worse. Wait wait.. I checked the answers that i marked in the exams with the key. I have more wrong ones than right. What the hell.. Can i swap the correct ones for the wrong. I got into bed just so that i cant take any more for today.
By the look of things that happened today there should be a nightmare waiting for me.. Huh bring it on. I can take on anything now.

No comments: